The nursery is almost complete and we are just finishing the closet organization this weekend. The baby clothes are washed, put away, and the blankets are folded. My parents have a bassinet and changing table set-up and ready at their place 6 minutes away. Also, the Audi lease is up on November 25th, so we had a great excuse to look at other vehicles to accommodate Max's lifestyle - triathlon, technology, and now fatherhood. The winner is a Highlander, which Max is referring to as BIG BLACK. I am working on a geek decal (geecal?) which we will share soon.
These days, the most common question after when am I due, is how am I feeling. Physically I feel bloated, and uncomfortable, achy, and tired. I have gained 40 pounds and the edema especially in my ankles, hands, and face is unpleasant and uncomfortable. I am trying to rest as much as possible, helped by being exhausted all the time. Now it is up to Minor Threat to get this party started. As of last week, I was not dilated at all, and she is still not engaged. At least she is head down. Lady is going to take her sweet time, and a healthy big baby is definitely my plan, though I am getting impatient. It is also hard to feel so helpless to move heavy or large objects, and I am learning to ask for help which turns out to be harder for me than I would have anticipated. Mostly I feel a great sense of anticipation, curiosity as to who we are bringing into the world, a healthy dose of anxiety as I think about balancing home and work in a few weeks, and hugely thankful for the love and support we continue to receive from family and friends.
As we approach Thanksgiving, I am grateful we are surrounded by people who actively work to build a better world for all of us everyday, a world I am excited to share with my daughter. Whenever she is ready. Which we hope is soon.



No comments:
Post a Comment