Quick stats:
- I have been pregnant for 31 weeks
- 9 weeks to go!
- Minor Threat is approximately 3.2 pounds this week
- I have gained 26 pounds and have a 42 inch waist.
I keep promising photos, but Max and I are super busy and keep missing each other when there is natural light to be had. Most likely I will need to take a photo in the artificially lit house. So I will keep making promising for photos and hope to be able to post something soon.
To be sure, I am definitely looking pregnant these days. Last night I attended a board meeting and arrived early, so that when most everyone else arrived I was already seated. We only meet every 6 months, so they had not seen me looking so, big. The Chair asked me to lead the group in the pledge of allegiance, and when I stood, the room gasped and giggled and cooed. Probably one of the funnier/cuter moments documented in the public record this year.
Tonight I am guest lecturing for a graduate arts management policy class, and I think I may need to start limited my night events. I am exhausted. Other completely normal pregnancy symptoms include waking up with intense calf cramps and needing to pee more. I have thankfully avoided the dreaded heartburn so far, but now would be the time for it to start in earnest if it is going to happen.
Unrelated but all-consuming is that our entire neighborhood is infested with fleas. This means that our dogs who are treated monthly with frontline were as of last weekend swarmed with bugs. I can not convey how disgusting, filthy, and generally itchy this makes all of us feel. Max and I are not being bitten as far as we call tell, and I think we have it mostly under control. But after tonight’s class lecture, my evening will be all about vacuuming everything again, doing another load of pet laundry, and re-spraying the dogs so that when the adult fleas jump on them when they are outside they are more subdued and do not jump off all over the house as they are dying. We have a new living room feature as well – a bowl of soapy water with paper towels and the flea comb so that we can sit on the couch and passively pull fleas. Ack.
We are calling the vet this morning to find out when the earliest point is we can re-administer the frontline spot treatment, or if there is some better alternative out there for us.
Back to Minor Threat. Her heartbeat is VERY strong, and she is still a mover. We saw the doctor on Tuesday and as we were trying to listen to the heartbeat, Minor Threat kept moving all over the place. Max recorded it again, and though it sounds faint that was because she was hiding from the mic. No news on the nursery, though we have started shopping for a glider that also swivels and reclines. And it has to be modern looking. Yep, good luck with that.
To leave you all on a great note, as most of you know Max coached the Children Hospital Triathlon Team this year, and at last night’s post-race celebration the hospital presented him with a gorgeous trophy for his outstanding work!! He dedicated a lot of time and great leadership to the team and the recognition of his talent and devotion is superb. I may need to repost the photo here.

No comments:
Post a Comment