Today we are in our 25th gestational week (24 weeks, 2 days) and have only 15 weeks to go. For those following the produce metaphors, she is between the size of an ear of corn and an eggplant, likely weighing in around 1.7 lbs.
This morning at the doctor we once again heard her beautiful strong healthy heartbeat and had the additional pleasure of hearing hiccups! I have been feeling a funny fluttering now and again, different from the rolling summersaults or percussive movements. Hiccups. That is awesome.
Also, I received a small bottle of orange liquid for my glucose test next week. After the third time being told to drink it over ice with a straw, I no longer trust that ice or the straw will make that big a difference with what will likely prove to be a terrible taste. Still, fleeting discomfort followed by a simple blood test is worth finding out if we could have gestational diabetes. So far, all systems seem to indicate we are fine.
All else is on track and full steam ahead. Mostly we are distracted by a nonstop visitors and planning my parent’s 40th wedding anniversary party which we are hosting in a couple of weeks. That, and both Max and I are reading the Song of Fire and Ice series and are in the middle of Storm Swords. Nice to have such immersive materials, though I am growing tired of almost all the characters being abused.
What does the baby think of such dark fiction? Reading to her yet?
ReplyDelete