Wednesday, July 6, 2011

That was fast




This past July 4th weekend my belly could no longer hide. Both Max and I have the same response when he sees me or I see my reflection. A “wow – you are pregnant!” followed by disbelieving laughter.

Also had my first bout of insta-crying the other night, overwhelmed by raising a girl when the backlash against women is so hateful. How to raise a free-thinking, curious, confident child - this is what keeps me up at night. So thankful I am doing this parenting thing with Max who embodies all of these qualities and reminds me that our first job to love and nurture. Everything else will come in time. Including Jr. Lifeguard.

Phase I of Project Nursery will be complete this evening - Max is assembling and populating bookcases to have our bedroom also function as his office. It is surprisingly beautiful, like sleeping in a library. 

Time is speeding forward. Welcome to the 20th week. We are halfway there.



4 comments:

  1. You look great, and you can punch anyone who disagrees right in the face. Hormones!

    You man Max just keep being your beautiful selves, and your daughter shall rule the world. Also, avoid baby talk - it demeans you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Face punching. check.
    Do not demean ourselves. check.

    Thank you for your wisdom and friendship. Keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dave and I have had conversations about how entertaining it will be to watch you two 'thinkers' raise a child. True-to-form you guys are already worried about how to raise her right. Rest assured - you'll raise her right, strong and beautiful because you both embody those qualities without even thinking about it. Sleep for god's sake. It's the last sleep either of you will get for years...Love that belly!!!!

    And mark my words - there will be baby talk. Try as you might, it'll happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete